Get a Glasses-Free Look
Switching up your style is a great reason to opt for contact lenses. Some days, you just want to go glasses-free. While eyewear is an amazing accessory, the absence of frames on your face means your outfit will take center stage.
Contacts also provide clear, comfortable vision with the added convenience of not fogging up or slipping down your nose while you’re at the gym or out shopping.
If you’ve ever been curious about contact lenses, we can help you explore your options. Our experienced team offers professional fittings, all the training you need to insert and remove your lenses with ease, and a variety of lens types to suit many prescriptions.
Going glasses-free is easy—book your fitting today!Contact Us
Finding Your Fit
A contact lens prescription differs from your regular eyewear prescription. After all, contact lenses sit directly on the cornea. They are a medical device that requires careful fitting to ensure your comfort.
When you book a contact lens exam, we will evaluate your overall eye health to determine which lenses are best for your eyes. We’ll take some measurements to make sure we get the sizing right too. During the exam, we’ll discuss your lifestyle, vision needs, and your expectations from contact lens wear.
No matter your situation, we’ll take the time to listen to your needs and find the right lens fit for you. Book your contact lens exam now.
Caring for Contacts
Contact lenses sit directly on the cornea so you’ll need to follow your optometrist’s instructions carefully to make sure your eyes remain healthy. Serious infections can be associated with contact lens wear, so hygiene is of the utmost importance.
You can prevent infections by doing the following:
- Removing your lenses before you go to sleep (unless you have extended wear style lenses and your optometrist has approved sleeping in them).
- Book annual, comprehensive eye exams to make sure your eyes are still tolerating lenses well.
- Don’t shower, use a hot tub, or go swimming while wearing contact lenses.
- Replace and care for your lenses by following your optometrist’s instructions.
- If you have lenses that need to be cleaned, never do so using tap water.
- Wash your hands with soap and water and dry them thoroughly before inserting or removing lenses.
Exams Are Essential
If you’re a regular contact lens wearer, it’s important to come for annual eye exams to ensure your eyes are tolerating the lenses well. But, if you experience any discomfort while wearing your contacts, don’t wait until your exam time comes up on the calendar.
Many people who experience discomfort give up on wearing lenses without looking for an alternative option. Dry eye is a common reason for people to go back to glasses. But, we can help you find another style of lens or a dry eye treatment to keep you in contacts.
Regular exams are also important for keeping your prescription up-to-date and your vision sharp. If you have a current prescription, and just need a refill, you can order your contact lenses online or come in and see us!
- 300 S State St Suite 15
- Zeeland, MI 49464
Hours of Operation
- Monday: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Tuesday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Wednesday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Thursday: 7:30 AM – 7:00 PM
- Friday: 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Saturday: 7:30 AM – 12:00 PM
- Sunday: Closed
The Optical Department opens at 8:00am
Visit our beautiful frame dispensary and choose from the latest in fashionable eyewear.